[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] Laptop problem
- To: "list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [LUG] Laptop problem
- From: mr meowski <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 17:52:13 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Authentication-results: mx.messagelabs.com; spf=pass (server-10.tower-33.messagelabs.com: domain of dclug.org.uk designates 220.127.116.11 as permitted sender)smtp.mailfrom=dclug.org.uk
- Content-id: <F1FC6E59255FCE4AA92F21E5F4C38839@eurprd09.prod.outlook.com>
- Content-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dclug.org.uk; s=1507453562; h=Sender:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Reply-To:List-Subscribe:List-Help:List-Post:List-Unsubscribe:List-Id:Subject:MIME-Version:Content-ID:In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:Date:To:From; bh=x6CRKMfd+S5caEvtafTGhr2tI7WSBGdRQ5+LA93VkjY=; b=hayM+QMM+LOVQOADojt7Ja5hC7PI74f8qlWWWAjPQ7shuABYbIHMyCoZcbN+NrPNlimT6yT381Ck7XkLEwDPYB295NPsVBc9tn8HqgwuuSsLd9Zz1SdCEDH6jhrfN36AK/Jvng/v2c1tHirz9oOZa43Biz+nbjGO2eNr57Ue7Sw=;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=live.com; s=selector1; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=O3UHBKSh9LlyEdop6bBwn5yz5XmCZviK5T5KtEgB4B0=; b=UJneRTQRh5etWnV4UKeWoNoT8ErXnCTFUwBPfwOwLJEAddOYFDR/V1Xd2N+fI0B457RzJBue+cv0ka/trZ7OCMA8ffs3+qSvntaUXdjo+xmwsehj5ySmVnQVJsub5JfUKezzOdA/AYjbktceVOm5WDgrPUEOonhsHyi76eyb4swV2ICMhuxZAinfOM0NyXtV72QkQ2+ypps2bXxxqIwRH/Br70cIst0dkYQ2RewQWeZsm9U87TJWYHEIHtlTYDWZVBudP4e2vzHwB9unePiuvELd4sQUNQEBvNirVTN+3tykYpb7viIlJJ0qmnigzbLjtUveHwZjTRpz9f86u7augw==
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AQHTbS8L/3+P0SNE6E6BDlw4XK0m56MzkY4AgADgsQCAAG5/gIAAQwyAgAAFUoCAAAYzgIAAKvMAgACkj4CAAAc+AIAAMn8AgABRvYCAAVGtAIAAUd8A
- Thread-topic: [LUG] Laptop problem
On 07/12/17 12:59, Neil wrote:
> Well, early on we had just one computer, shared. So no need for SSH.
> Later we did indeed have one each, but I have always treated them as
> separate entities, so have never considered linking then in any way.
> Obviously I have been missing out somewhere.
Well, to be fair, if you've never needed it or felt the lack of it
before you genuinely haven't missed out on anything - it's going to be
super-useful for accessing and hopefully fixing your mischievous laptop
though. Personally, like most *nix admins I imagine a world without SSH
and shudder in horror. I'd actually have to prise my lazy arse from my
seat and go to the server room when something needs attention - which
would be inconvenient since half of the stuff I look after isn't even in
the same continent.
> As for the router, since I remember the wifi password, why do I need to
> be able to get into it?
I know right?! I mean I lost all my house keys years ago and the doors
and windows are all boarded up but luckily there's always someone else
home to let me in! ïããÂï
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG