Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 02/04/17 23:03, mr meowski wrote:
On 02/04/17 22:41, Neil via list wrote:

Just another thought about this. Often, when I switch on the computer to
log on I see a message text box listing the keys to use for the BIOS
screens (del or F2), log on choices (F11) and although I can't remember
it for sure a key to do with flashing the BIOS (F6 I think).

But I don't always see that message, sometimes it just goes straight to
the logging on screen. Is that of any importance?

Nah, that's just a function of however long it takes your monitor to
catch up with the signal being driven to it: I'd imagine you're more
likely to see that message during a re- or warm- boot as the monitor is
already on and synced. From a cold boot it probably takes a second or
two for the monitor to power up and synchronize with the display signal,
by which time your PC has already raced through the UEFI and has started
(or even finished) booting to Linux.

The first time I tried it was after I had been using the computer for some time so the monitor should have been warmed up.

Neil