Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 01/04/17 18:44, mr meowski wrote:

Holy pants, don't go getting sidetracked now and making life more
difficult for yourself! Forget mucking about with PS2 > USB adaptors if
you value your patience...

Just try your existing USB keyboard (and a spare one if you've got one
to hand) and rotate it through the ports methodically until you get a
result.

Slow and steady is what you want here, not firing off on crazy tangents.

What is your funky "not cheap" keyboard by the way? And when you say
USB, do you actually mean "wireless but on a USB dongle" by any chance?
Because that might explain things.

Cheers

My keyboard is a Filco and it cost me Â100 (plus VAT). When I say USB I mean that the keyboard cable is plugged into one of the USB ports at the back of the tower. I use wifi for my laptop but not for my desk top.

I also have a cheap keyboard, by which I mean Â9 including VAT. For a laugh I could try that one.

Will have a go tomorrow to see how it goes.

Neil