Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 02/04/17 23:03, mr meowski wrote:

I can't wait to hear what your PC suppliers have to say for themselves
tomorrow...

Cheers

I have had a chat with the chap who set it all up. He also thinks that the problem is that, on boot, it is not seeing the keyboard in time. He has suggested that I try a PS2 keyboard, either by borrowing one or via an adaptor. This should be seen more quickly than a USB one.

He also thinks that fast boot is on, and initialisation may be set to partial. So, once I can get to the BIOS, disable fast boot and make initialisation full. But it is getting to the BIOS first.

So, does anyone have a PS2 keyboard I can borrow? Otherwise I could get an adaptor. And there is definitely a PS2 port at the back of the tower.

Neil