Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 01/04/17 16:50, mr meowski wrote:
On 01/04/17 16:33, Neil via list wrote:
On 01/04/17 16:21, mr meowski wrote:
On 01/04/17 16:08, Neil via list wrote:

I think secure boot is off, but I am not sure. As I said, the machine
arrived with Xubuntu already set up, so I have just been using it. I
have not tried to get at the BIOS before today.

Surprisingly that wasn't as helpful as it usually is... Can you also run:

ls /sys/firmware/efi

Let me know what it says. If you get any results at all, you're in UEFI
mode (which already looks 99% probable). Secureboot is *probably* off.

Should have given you a better dmidecode string as well, apologies:

sudo dmidecode --string baseboard-product-name

That'll tell me the actual mobo type, rather than just the firmware strings.

Cheers
not very helpful .. ls: cannot access '/sys/firmware/efi': No such file or directory

And the next one, very terse

Z170 Extreme4

Thanks,

Neil