[LUG] Getting to UEFI

Last April I had a new desk top computer made up to my spec. As it was a company that knows about Linux, and I had already told them that I use Xubuntu, it arrived with it already installed. So I just used it as it was.

Each time I log on I see a message that I should use F2 to get to the BIOS, or in this case UEFI, and F11 to be able to choose where to log on.

For the first time I have thought about changing my distro, so I tried F11, but it did not work. It was just ignored. I also tried F2, but that was ignored too. When I tried again I just got a blank screen and had to reset.

I am a bit lost now. Can anyone suggest where I should try from here?

Thanks,

Neil