Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 01/04/17 18:34, Neil via list wrote:
> On 01/04/17 18:30, Neil via list wrote:
>> On 01/04/17 18:22, Tom via list wrote:
>>> I'm guessing its a USB keyboard? You may need a 'normal' keyboard as
>>> with some systems a USB keyboard is ignored by the bios. Or you could
>>> use and USB to normal keyboard connector adaptor
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>
>> Hi Tom, yes it is a USB keyboard. I am not sure what you mean by a
>> 'normal' keyboard. Many moons ago, of course, I had a very different
>> port for the keyboard, but that is so long ago that I have forgotten
>> what it was.
>>
>> I will look up about a USB to normal adaptor to see what that is all
>> about. I thought USB's worked everywhere nowadays.
>>
>> Neil
>>
> Further to the above, I have had a look at adaptors and it all seems to
> be about mini to normal size, or male to female or type c to type 3 or
> some such. I don't think you meant any of those???

Holy pants, don't go getting sidetracked now and making life more
difficult for yourself! Forget mucking about with PS2 > USB adaptors if
you value your patience...

Just try your existing USB keyboard (and a spare one if you've got one
to hand) and rotate it through the ports methodically until you get a
result.

Slow and steady is what you want here, not firing off on crazy tangents.

What is your funky "not cheap" keyboard by the way? And when you say
USB, do you actually mean "wireless but on a USB dongle" by any chance?
Because that might explain things.

Cheers