Re: [LUG] Sat Nav Updates

On 30/03/15 13:07, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 11:51:35 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

Equally likely to be a postcode issue.  My SatNav directed me to the
It does happen, but not always because somebody gives the wrong code:
There are organisations (can't find any right now, of course) that tell
potential customers NOT to use the 'correct' postcode, because it will
take them to the wrong place, but to use "this one" instead.  And that's
in urbanised areas.  In rural areas, post codes are even less useful for
routing, because they can cover areas measured in square miles.
Hi Brad,

That's true; for the university campus I used the postcode off their website assuming that would be correct. When I eventually got there I was told 'No use this one instead'. Not a lot of use since I was already there, and not intending to return. Having said that it does prove your point :) Going to the Vale [of Glamorgan] Hotel once I was directed a couple of miles away up increasingly narrow lanes until we turned around and came back to find it.

Julian