[LUG] Sat Nav Updates

We have had our sat nav for some years now. It did not come with
updates so it is getting out of date.

Talking about getting a new one, I see that several now come with some
system to update the maps. However, further research suggests that I
would need to run a program to do this and, of course, all such
programs seem to work with Wiindows or Mac. No mention of Linux, though
some of them mention Android.

So, can anyone tell me if I would be wasting time and money bothering
to get one with 'Automatic Updates' or is there a Linux program which I
could use?

Thanks for any help with this,

Neil