Re: [LUG] Sat Nav Updates

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 16:54:25 +0100, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Do one thing and do it well. That's the linux mantra...

I think you are misappropriating a mantra there from Unix programming.
Linux does an awful lot of things and not always particularly well :)

I have a bunch of Garmin devices (Etrex, Nuvi, etc.) but all with
openstreetmap style maps loaded (although not usually actual osm data).

I agree those devices are durable and have good battery life but that
isn't all that relevant in a car. They are also expensive, have
rubbish touch screens and are a pain to update the maps.

Kevin