Re: [LUG] OT - placebos

bas wrote:
god ! your all nuts,, how can you compare a live show to something you hear on the radio ! (prolly not even vhf in those days)
It was VHF - what amazed me about hearing the same concert on the radio I had seen a couple of weeks before was the simple fact that a lot of it was so badly out of key - something not noticed at the live gig. This is due to distortion over the PA masking/blending the bum notes to a degree - something not achieved by the home HiFi. Theres also the 'wish' for it to be good - self hypnosis makes it sound good even when it really is dire. I experienced that at a Queen concert - I though they were bloody awful, everyone else thought they were the bees knees - until they heard the bootleg on which it was impossible to say they were anything other than awful - even the bloke flogging them!
Tom te tom te tom