Re: [LUG] OT-Chips and how everything is more expensive these days - Optical Mice - Christmas Stocking Fillers

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 03:52:43PM +0000, bas wrote:

> > Of course it is. The placebo effect applies to more than just medicine.
> > Without a proper trial, you've no way of knowing whether it actually is
> > better or you just think it is. (It's perfectly possible that you're
> > right. It's also possible that you're wrong. Just listening to it isn't
> > enough.)
> errr, im not trying to impress any one with my system except  my self
> and i know it sounds far better so "a proper trial" isnt even on the
> radar and i assure you its no placebo effect.

You don't have to impress anyone, and if you're happy with it then fair
enough. I'm merely saying that it's not possible to know whether it's
actually objectively better or you just *think* it's better just by
listening to it. If you think it's going to sound better, it *will*
sound better.

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx || gpg: 0x166891C7
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private