Re: [LUG] Open Disc availability was Re: Possible Cornwall Meet...

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 13:52 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 10/11/2009 13:45, james kilty wrote:
> >
> > Is it realistic to put Joomla! or Drupal on????
> >

> Not sure, the problem is, they need installing on a server don't they?
Yes and Windows has a server on all versions from 2000?

> Saying that, I did wonder about maybe sticking Ubuntu on the disc
> running on QEmu or VirtualBox OSE.
Yes - even better. I am not familiar with how this works, but does wubi
instal within windows or does it partition? If the latter, then they
would need instructions. Your idea sounds good - I have not used them on
Windows, but is it simply an easy install?
>   Might be worth looking into.  I'm
> hoping to get this version I'm working on released sooner rather than
> later so I'm trying not to add too much on there to increase the
> complexity.  It would be possible to put a link to these packages on
> there though.
Excellent. A littl file on other matters. Another file on Linux would be
good.

> That would be great.  I'm hoping I can get some leaflets distributed
> here in Torquay too.
Send me a copy?

> Yep, I originally thought it would be great to distribute copies of the
> disc to every school student in Torbay (or even Devon) but found it to
> be a bit unworkable due to the cost which was a shame (I think it worked
> out at something like £20,000 or so).  Maybe one day if one of us wins
> the lottery we could do this :-)
Is there some law about freedom and rights to know that we could use to
(ultimately) require schools to make these available? To hide the facts
about FSW seems counter-educational to me. Maybe there is a softer way
to invte schools to offer a session on FSW with discs available to those
who ask?

James

--
james kilty