[LUG] Open Disc availability was Re: Possible Cornwall Meet...

On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 12:03 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> I could certainly have a go, I think I have some DVD templates
> somewhere.  We've been distributing copies of the OpenDisc in paper CD
> sleeves to keep the cost down, but I think a DVD cover would also be a
> good idea as it gives a more professional look.
Great - but we'll have to liaise with Stephen about the front cover - he
wants Penzance Computers on it. I will ask him to send you his cover for
Open Office and Audacity so you can copy any obvious shop stuff on to
it. I forget if he put his own logo on. Then you can communicate with
him directly. I will do what I can to help. Perhaps there could be a
promotion of Linux on it as well, perhaps a last paragraph.

snip list of software

Is it realistic to put Joomla! or Drupal on????

> Well it's always good to have some help promoting Open Source and Free
> Software :-)
I will ask about real promotion. Leaflets would be good.

> I've got a meeting this evening to show the disc to the school so I'm
> hoping to have at least a 'beta' version of the disc ready (basically
> with all the apps pretty much updated, but there could be a possibility
> that some links and apps might not work and it would need a bit of
> testing to dig out any spelling errors, broken links or broken apps).
Great. Nice to have common cause in this.

James
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk