Re: [LUG] Possible Cornwall Meet...

On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 14:40 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> It might be a good idea to say... second Saturday of every month at at
> 2pm at a certain location there will be a LUG meeting in Cornwall.
If anyone organises that - great. My own preference is to use more than
one location.
> gather though if it's going to be a regular thing you might want to
> clear it with the premises owner.  In the case of the Paignton meet, I
> gather the guy who owns the Shoreline is fairly happy with us going
> along and we're flexable enough to leave if they have any pre-booked
> events.
Penzance Computers were very happy with our meetings to publicise FSW.
>   Not to mention it's a little bit more publicity for them,
> especially when we had visitors come along, pick up a copy of the
> OpenDisc and stay around and have a coffee while waiting to have
> OpenOffice installed.
They do have coffee and they do have a disc - I cannot remember what it
contained. The full works would be good. When I'm next in I'll ask. They
like Sundays. I'd not be popular if I took on the responsibility of
organising beyond maybe checking what they have and dates, much as I
would like to - home duties are priority. Please would anyone this end
indicate interest. If we are to offer services such as assisting
installation of FSW then that needs someone to lead.

James

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk