Re: [LUG] Gmail SMTP failin

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:01:59 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Brad,

> The error report reads - "** SMTP AUTH not available" with no time
> stamp, unlike all the other network log data.  Could it be that this
> is, in fact, a CM error report, and that Grant's copy of CM has been
> compiled without GnuTLS enabled?

I know, bad form;  But that error does come from CM itself (I grepped
for it in the source code), so the fault is almost certainly at Grant's
end.

Compiled-in Features
 compface adds support for the X-Face header
 Enchant adds support for spell checking
 GnuTLS adds support for encrypted connections to servers
 IPv6 adds support for IPv6 addresses, the new Internet addressing protocol
 iconv allows converting to and from different character sets
 JPilot adds support for PalmOS addressbooks
 LDAP adds support for LDAP shared addressbooks
 libetpan adds support for IMAP and NNTP servers
 libSM adds support for session handling
 NetworkManager adds support for detection of network connection changes

I know it comes from "my end" - I would have thought there'd be others (on this list, at the very least) complaining if it was Google's problem.  And I know it's a CM issue - doesn't seem to have this problem in Thurderbird.  But an issue it still is - if it's something that we can overcome between us, then excellent.

Cheers.
Grant. :)