Re: [LUG] Skype

On 24/03/2020 12:40, Neil wrote:

Thanks for that. I have tested video and sound, and it all seems OK. But how do I find any meetings that are available? I will look on line for some help.

Neil

As mentioned before, I did use Skype for some time when it was a Linux program. As soon as it was bought by MS I stopped using it. Recently I installed it again, in case it will be used by the LUG.

It is installed on my laptop. I found that each time I logged in Skype was automatically started. I didn't want that so I found it in Session and Startup and removed the check mark. The next time I logged in it started up again, automatically. On checking I found that the check mark was back. So I tried again, and the same thing happened. So I removed that entry from the start up session. That seems to work.

This is one thing, among many,
that really annoys me with MS. Simply replacing something that I had removed, without checking with me, is not how it should work. To me that smacks of MS arrogance, which is one of the main reasons for moving to Linux more than twenty years ago.

Now, when I log on to the laptop, it is up to me to choose if and when to start up Skype. And MS should accept that.

Thanks, I feel better now,

Neil