Re: [LUG] Skype

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020, 14:04 Rod Sheaff, <rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We increasingly use Zoom at work. It's closed source (or course) but
does have a Linux client, indeed did so before MicroSoft re-animated
Skype for Linux. In the meetings I've used it for, Zoom seems to have
been simpler to use and more reliable than Skype. I think Skype can be
used for groups, though I've never tried groups larger than 4-5 people.
Zoom has some ridiculously high limit.

BW

Rod

Skype can do multi-person video chats. I've only done so once before but it did work. I'm not sure whether it needs to start as a 1-to-1 and then either party adds the additional people.

I've tried to use Jitsi Meet a few times but it never seems to pick up my webcam.

I'm happy to use pretty much any platform going - indeed I've just signed up to Houseparty because my sister is now using it - but if there's a really good, solid, and functional Free Software video chat tool available, maybe we should be trying to use that in the group?

Grant. :)