Re: [LUG] Skype

On 22/03/2020 11:59, Eion MacDonald wrote:

Skype can do multi-person video chats. I've only done so once before but
it did work. I'm not sure whether it needs to start as a 1-to-1 and then
either party adds the additional people.

I've tried to use Jitsi Meet a few times but it never seems to pick up
my webcam.

I'm happy to use pretty much any platform going - indeed I've just
signed up to Houseparty because my sister is now using it - but if
there's a really good, solid, and functional Free Software video chat
tool available, maybe we should be trying to use that in the group?

Grant. :)

I have now installed Skype again and it is working well. Then, after the comments about Zoom I have installed that too. They both seem to be working OK. Although with Zoom I am not yet sure how to test it.

So now what? Is the group going to use either one to sometimes set up a conference? We won't be able to have our normal meetings, will we? Or should we be satisfied with the usual emails?

And can one of the Zoom users suggest how I can check it is set up right please?

Neil