Re: [LUG] Unlocking a D-Link network camera

Hi Aaron,

It's as if you read my mind *LOL* I have three cameras bought from Amazon. Chinese allegedly but the router recognises the manufacturer as D-Link so something has been copied somewhere.

I'm not hugely fond of the cloud software either so I use MotionEye on a Raspberry Pi. You can add IP (Network) cameras to that in a couple of ways, one of which is with an RTSP url such as rtsp://192.168.1.13:554/11 . If you have any software that will take an RTSP feed - and of course the cameras supply one - try Wireshark, start the camera streaming and then point Wireshark at it and search the output for RTSP. Failing that, try just using rtsp://<camera IP address>:554/11 . You may have to port forward 554 if it doesn't work that way.

Motioneye also has a (Beta) Android app which is worth a look :)

Kind regards,

Julian