Re: [LUG] USB sticks part 2

On 04/04/2019 19:40, Eion MacDonal

As soon as any (first screen) boots it has a Knoppix penguin and two
lines of white on black code underneath. The second line is where you
alter the boot instructions. (the boot prompt).

line beginning "boot: _"

See picture  http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix740-bootscreen.png

  So hitting 'k' stops things, as you enter a k into boot line, until you
complete the command line by entering after the k 'noppix lang=uk'.

Thus entry code line adjustment is "knoppix lang=uk"

When I log on now to Knoppix I do not see the screen shown in your png above. I get a vertical list of various options for booting, in text, with the word 'Default' at the top. If I let it simply do its thing, after a few seconds it immediately starts Knoppix. There is no sign of the png screen as above, it is all text. Perhaps I should be choosing one of the options in the list instead of leaving it to default?

Neil