Re: [LUG] USB sticks part 2

On 02/04/2019 18:09, Eion MacDonald wrote:

First.
1 Have you the ability to boot from a LIVE LINUX Knoppix distro?
2 If so check each USB stick with GParted from Knoppix.

I have never used Knoppix. I take it you mean download the iso for that distro and transfer it to one of the sticks via etcher. Then run the computer from the stick. Have I got that right?

3 Then it should show how USB disk is partitioned and what if any flags
are set.
4. Check those that work ok , and those that do not work and see the
difference.

Why do I need Knoppix? Is it not like any usual Linux distro? Why can't I use the version of gparted that is already installed on my computer?

I will have a search for Knoppix in DDGo to see what I still have to learn? Still a lot apparently!!

Thanks for the help,

Neil