Re: [LUG] USB sticks part 2

On 04/04/2019 11:51, Eion MacDonald wrote:

I use it and have used it since Knoppix 3 in 1990s to access, use, (In
English) computers in Russia, China, Iran, Iraq, UK, EU etc.
Important NOTE at first boot screen stop loading by pressing letter "k"
  insert knoppix[space]lang=uk  to get a UK keyboard.
Otherwise it may load USA keyboard (UK mirrors) or default German
keyboard  (EU mirrors)

Well, I have had a go. I have installed Knoppix on to a USB stick. It would not work with etcher, so I had to use Unetbootin.

Re the warning above about the keyboard. I am stuck with the US keyboard at the moment which I will not use. I am not sure what you mean by the 'first boot screen', but I have tried pressing k at various points, which is completely ignored. I have been able to change the time slot to London, but I cannot find anywhere in the settings to change the keyboard layout.

I also notice that the browser is Chromium, which I hate. I hope I can install Pale Moon, which is the one I always use. But my main problem at the moment is the keyboard layout.

Thanks,

Neil