Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 04/04/17 13:42, Neil via list wrote:

I have borrowed a PS2 keyboard, but makes no difference. Maybe there is
a setting on my monitor, a Dell, which makes it too slow to read input
when logging on. When I was trying the PS2 keyboard, I had a message on
the monitor that there was no signal from the computer. If it is fast
boot which is the problem I can't get to the BIOS to change it.

For the moment I am going to accept that I am stuck with the one distro
on this desk top computer, and I can't change it. On my laptop I have no
problem. The key F7 pulls up the choice of log on without any worries.

Thanks for all the time a trouble you have taken,

Neil

Further to the above, the chap who built it for me came up with one suggestion, that I could disconnect the HD temporarily before logging on. Don't know if that is a good idea, or even how to do it.

Neil