[LUG] oRe: Ubuntu 11.10... ? Search and Replace

Further to my previous e-mails I apologise for making an error. In 'find and replace' in Libre Office the \n does work for the line breaks in webpages and e-mails. However one must however also tick the 'Regular Expressions' under 'more options'. This was mentioned in one of the e-mails of possible solutions but I did not fully realize it.

Thanks to all those who have tried to help.

Can anyone now help me with the Epson photo r300 and/or the Brother dcp-315cn?? The Epson did work before I upgraded to 11.10. I have tried all the things suggested previously for the HP on the Epson, including changing the driver (there are 4 listed), searching for a new driver to download, (search does not find anything), and changing the printer language from PDF to Postscript (PostScript) I thought was only for laser printers but I might be wrong. Also I have tried switching on and off, disconnecting the USB and reconnecting, setting it as default etc. All I get in the properties is 'Idle - waiting for printer to become available' !!!

As for the brother it has not connected to the computer ever since changing to Linux. Some years ago I had e-mail exchanges with Brother, Japan and downloaded special drivers but have been unable to install them. If I delete it from the list and plug back in the USB connector it readily finds the printer with the correct name - but will not work.

The Epson is more important as I can then do colour printing from the computer. The Brother can at least make scanned copies even in colour.
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)