Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.10... ?

I should have read the thread about 11.10 before I upgraded. I did not realise that I could keep my old desktop. I even had to go searching for my old wallpaper!

However can anyone tell me if it is possible to get this desktop (Gnome 3 or is it Unity??) to be able to show what have open so that I can just switch from one to the other. The old one which I was able to keep listed everything at the bottom and and I could easily go from one to the other: and after a few weeks after downloading the 11.04 it I was able to drag and drop those in any order qalong the bottom. For instance I don't see how to switch to my email list from this write page

Any help would be appreciated especially in simple language.
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)