Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.10... ?

Dear Simon
Thanks for writing. I have just tried that alt-tab and it gives a sort of window in the middle as long as I keep my fingers on them.  don't quite see how it is used but then it is some time since I used MsWindows and then I couldn't afford to BUY anything later than 98se: I tried pirated XP for a while. I realise that if one moves the mouse over to left hand side the icons show and sometimes it changes if you click on them and other times it seems to give a desktop with each application open in small windows which one seems to be able to then click on to get it. As I do a lot of copying and pasting from such as a web page and paste it into a L O document it is a 'pain' and difficult: however I will probably have to live with it. It seems more difficult to immediately get back to e-mail especially from one I am writing (Thunderbird). Is there not a button to get back the desktop, as even in Macs as well as MsWindows. Also I like to open several web pages separately but it then is more difficult to change to each of them. I didn't see the place to get the release notes but that's probably me being silly and unobservant.

Now I have an added irritation, as if I leave my computer for a period it not only closes down (good) but it logs me out and I have to re-enter my password. When I used MsWindows I didn't even need to log on! Is there any way I can switch off this logging out when the computer sleeps?

Oh, also when is Libre Office going to be able, 'by find and replace'
to edit out paragraph spaces and those non-something line breaks that we find in e-mails and some web pages when I copy and paste? One could do this in MsWord: well there must have been something good about microsoft! Or is there some other way of doing it?
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)