Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.10... ?

I did go to more options but it didn't seem to give me anything - I will try again

Yes I have downloaded the brother driver and communicated with brother japan even. It doesn't seem to work. The proprietary one doesn't wante to load and keeps saying some error or not compatible - it was some time ago but I have tried several times and various was as described on the driver site. I have deleted it and again tried to install it; it is recognised easily but it just does not work and the driver will not install. Brother say they made them to be compatible with Linux. I had some difficulty previously installing it with MsWindows but managed after several attempts. Anyway thanks for all your suggestions
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)