Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.10... ?

On 24/10/11 11:07, Peter M Le Mare wrote:
> I should have read the thread about 11.10 before I upgraded. I did not
> realise that I could keep my old desktop. I even had to go searching for
> my old wallpaper!

Release notes are always worth a read for big upgrades, although I have
the luxury of a lot of Debian boxes so I can usually sacrifice one to
the gods of the future without too much disruption.

> However can anyone tell me if it is possible to get this desktop (Gnome
> 3 or is it Unity??) to be able to show what have open so that I can just
> switch from one to the other.

Unity is suppose to support the "alt-tab" key combination, which
switches between applications in Microsoft Windows, and GNOME and KDE
amongst others. Does that help?

 Simon