Re: [LUG] Email clients for newbies

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:22:13 +0000 (GMT)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

> One issue is that some people simply can't comprehend that their email
> folders are stored on their desk PC - so when they access their email
> via brambletabs they wonder why they can't see them.

How things change.  I recall having to explain to people how IMAP made
email available "wherever you are", and that the local copy on their
home PC was not the only copy.

> POP solved a problem 15 years ago when disks were expensive - it
> should have died 10+ years ago.

But then there are people like me;  Less and less inclined to change to
a better(0) system.

(0)  For certain values of better.   :-)

--
 Regards  _
Life goes quick and it goes without warning