Re: [LUG] Email clients for newbies

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I do want to see lots of people move over to Linux. The choice of packages is important. I suspect that some will be looking for a reason to move back to that other system. An email client that seems unnecessarily complicated could be enough.

Comments

Why burden them with an email client? Get them setup with a decent webmail system and forget it. Then they have no local emails that'll get lost, can access it from anywhere, and when they're ready, transparently use a smartphone/tablet, etc with imap client to access the same email & folders, etc.

Most webmails see to have the "outlook disease" - folders down one side, big window in the middle, options/headers at the top...

I use squirrelmail for my clients (& friends & family), but there are a few others out there which other ISPs use.

Gordon