Re: [LUG] Comical phone call. MS vs Linux & Malware.

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Simon Waters wrote:
> It is a bit like the phrase "the government should do something about
> this", sometimes it is true, other times it just reveals you haven't
> pondered the other pressures on government's resources.

Heh, I like that comparison. :)

I think what happened to Roland (and thousands of others) is a good
example of the unwanted side-effects of education. For years, people
have been told that no, viruses do not destroy your files and eat your
hard drive; rather, they do more subtle things such as use your
computer to send spam. Now scammers are using this acquired knowledge
to make users fall for this kind of scam.

Martijn.