Re: [LUG] Comical phone call. MS vs Linux & Malware.

On 18/02/2011 15:04, Roland Tarver wrote:
> I am actually now glad I posted this. I was completely un-aware of
> this type of scam.

I believe the rewards are quite considerable in cash terms to the
scammers as it is a 'more successful' scam (>0.02% success), apart from
any incidental bank data etc.

Alert you local police to put it out on their homewatch items as the
telephone numbers are worked as blocks, so your district will be
routinely worked.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald