Re: [LUG] Meeting, thanks. -ideas on promotion

On 11/05/10 12:07, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:

My suggestion is to use the KDE desktop or even Xfce rather than Gnome.
I think that refugees from Windows would me more comfortable with that.
So Kubuntu rather than Ubuntu, or even Mint KDE or Xfce version. Just a
thought.

Neil

I'm not so sure about KDE, KDE 4 is god awful.

If anything, Mint running Gnome would be a better fit as it has a
Windows like start menu.

Rob

I haven't looked at KDE 4 yet. I am looking at Lucid Ubuntu at the
moment. It just confirms for me how much I hate Gnome.

I also run Mint on my laptop, Xfce version. I am really getting to like
it. So Mint running Xfce rather than Gnome (yuk). That would be
successful IMHO for a newcomer to Linux.

Just my two-pennyworth,

Neil

I'm under the impression that Kubuntu 10.04 has only got KDE 4.

Rob