Re: [LUG] Meeting, thanks. -ideas on promotion

On 11/05/10 09:17, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Paul Sutton wrote:

Getting the balance right will be harder,  but having a consistant
distribution, despite our loyalties will also be handy,  I am betting
more people use ubuntu,  and therefore there is more chance of getting
help with that.

However at least with ubuntu there is now a manual for it,  written by
the community, be sure to copy this on to the desktops for new users,
it may be handy for them.

Paul

My suggestion is to use the KDE desktop or even Xfce rather than Gnome.
I think that refugees from Windows would me more comfortable with that.
So Kubuntu rather than Ubuntu, or even Mint KDE or Xfce version. Just a
thought.

Neil

I'm not so sure about KDE, KDE 4 is god awful.

If anything, Mint running Gnome would be a better fit as it has a Windows like start menu.

Rob