Re: [LUG] OT: Hacker Groups

Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, tom wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:
I'm not convinced it would be any more efficient than any of those in that trial and it would seem to take up more space - eg. requiring 2 x 10m poles to get it off the ground with the associated guy-ropes, foundations, etc. required...
efficiency is the most stupid thing to aim for in green power and seems to be the main thing holding it back. When was the last time you saw a sailing boat with its sails held high above the boat on poles? Its not needed - the sail is cheap cheap cheap. So is wire.

Go build it then :)
Give me an airfix of a spitfire and it comes out as a submarine...
Tom te tom te tom