[LUG] OT: Hacker Groups

Hi Folks,

I've done a bit of searching around on the net but not turned much up as yet (I'm sure there's something somewhere!).

I'm looking for a hacking group/club to join.  I mean hacking in it's original meaning - people who like to play with electronics to make new things out of old things, improve on the fuctionality of everyday electronic/electrical items etc.  There are a few groups dotted around the UK, but I've found nothing for the south west, let alone in North Devon.  If there *is* nothing in the area, it seems like a likely place to find those of a similar mind in here, perhaps some of you might be interested in meeting up once in a while, clutching arduinos / pic chips or whatever to make robotic things / synthesisers / radio controlled whatevers.  Personally, I've just completed an arduino based polyphonic keyboard controller with some shift registers and a few microswitches, and I'm now playing with VCO's to try to give it a voice.  I'm a real beginner, but I've been bitten quite hard - having played with computers for years it feels quite natural to start learning more about low level hardware.

If anyone knows of an already active group that meets up to show-n-tell / swap electonics / run workshops etc, please let me know.

If anyone would be interested in starting / joining such a group, let me know too ;)

Thanks for your time,

Tel.