Re: [LUG] OT: Hacker Groups

Give me an airfix of a spitfire and it comes out as a submarine...

Thats quite a skill there you know ;)

This thread is starting to veer off course, forgive the pun.  I'm not looking to solve the world's energy crisis or get into some large and dangerous kilovolt-rated certificated nightmare of funding and hard slog - I'm more interested in making old speak-n-spell toys sound funny if you catch my drift.  I'd love to play with robotics, sensors, things that go bleep, ping and/or flash lots of led's on and off in twinkly patterns. Fun, small scale, for the hell of it electronics.  Take a look at hackaday.com for inspiration.

Having said all that, if we did get a small group together for the above, as a group project inverters, charge controllers, wind generation could all be on the menu if the group felt like getting into it.