Re: [LUG] double your money for a kernel upgrade

Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, tom wrote:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1532636/new-linux-kernal-speeds-desktop

What's slow right now is the number of sites that are web2.0 heavy - ie. running a shed-load of javascript in my browser. Even firefox 3.5 is struggling on some sites on my 1.6GHz Atom desktop - the really irritating thing is that it's dual HT core and firefox isn't multi-threaded, so one slow site crowbars the entire browser.

I've started to use google chrome for javascript intensive sites - it's stupidly fast compared for ff3.5!

Google are now producing .deb's for Chrome too - still mightilly unstable, but it's working for me!
Tracemonkey is meant to be multithreaded AND faster than chrome.
Make sure your running the latest FF and not the one chosen by the system - still 3.0 something.
also about:config *javascript.options.jit.chrome* true
Tom te tom te tom