Re: [LUG] DO NOT TOUCH CHROME

Ross Bearman wrote:
> Ben, I'd assumed that considering the GPL itself states that end user
> usage is outside of it's scope and because the EULA doesn't contradict
> anything it says it would be permissable?
>
> Section 0:
> "Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not
> covered by this License; they are outside its scope."

I think Ben is quoting from version 3, and you are still reading version 2.

The next bit of section 0 says "the act of running the program is
unrestricted".

Which means precisely what it says, you have the right to run the
program and no obligations extend onto you just by using GNU GPL
software. Section 6 of v2 means any additional use restrictions can be
removed from GNU GPL covered software.

Version 3 is a big improvement in clarity ;)