[LUG] C++ Experts

Hi

Tinkering with C++ again.

How should i capture OS system values like "netstat" and "traceroute" info
etc, and use them within C++.

Should i be using a C++ header that would allow to extract data from the OS?

I have been using a SYSTEM(netstat -anopt | grep :21 >> temp.txt) then
reading the data in via a loop, I would like to be able to pipe data into a
variable so i can extract in memory and speed things up. I would like to be
able to use basic bash commands to extract values i want.

Regards

Sam