Re: [LUG] DO NOT TOUCH CHROME

Brad Rogers wrote:

> I don't see how the GPL precludes such terms in a second license;  GPL is
> to do with source distribution, and code modification rights, etc. not
> data througput.

No, the GNU GPL covers distribution, not just source distribution, that
includes binary distribution from the author to other people if he uses
the GNU GPL as the licence.

A second licence could exist, and you could have obtained the program
under that licence, but then the GNU GPL would not be relevant at all.

The GNU GPL specifically exists to stop people who are distributing or
redistributing code from placing additional restraints on your freedom
to use, inspect or modify the program.

This is why you can't modify the GNU GPL and keep the GNU name.

Free as in Freedom.