Re: [LUG] Linux in non-Linux magazines...? Whatever next!

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:52:00 -0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Slightly off bat, I subscribe to Computer Shopper.  For the first time (that
I've noticed anyway) they have a Linux distro on this month's cover disk.
It's a live version of SUSE 9.2 and they also have Apache 2.0.52.  Nice to
see non-Linux mags promoting the OS :)  I do have to say they've been
running Linux tutorials too though, so maybe not the first time for the OS
covermount :)

Kind regards,

Julian

PCW had a Unix section for as long as I can remember.  I'm not quite sure when this
became a Linux section, though.  But, either way they've had a *nix section for a
very long time :D  They've also have *many* distros gracing their cover-mounted
media, albeit usually their DVDs.

Now, if we could only get MicroMart to include some Linux stuff on their infrequent
CDs...

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.