Re: [LUG] Meeting in Paignton

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:20:48 -0000
Julian Hall wrote:

I bought the wrong motherboard.  My first ever self built PC),
and an AGP graphics card, and I installed Debian

I'd be inclined to disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS (or anything
else "onboard" that conflicts, such as my onboard audio with my Soundblaster
512... disabled onboard, everything went fine).  There's not always an OS
solution to every problem :)

Kind regards,

Julian

Isn't there an option in most BIOSs to determine which graphics device is to be used
as the "primary" display? - Or is that only a PCI/AGP option, rather than an AGP/AGP
option?  Could this not be used instead of completely disabling the card?

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.