Re: [LUG] New Printer

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 15:54:21 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>No, I am the problem, I know. My previous printer, eight years ago, was
>so simple to set up.

As was mine, IIRC.  I have to confess IDK what it's like now.

All you need to do is slow down;

Be methodical - read instructions.  Watch tutorial videos.  Such are
bound to exist, because you aren't the first person to run across these
sorts of issues, and you certainly won't be the last.

Be thorough - write notes about each step.  Preferably in a notebook, or
at least on a separate computer from the one you're trying to work on.
Then you can refer to those notes when asking for help, saying what
you've tried, etc.

Be careful - get one thing working before moving on to the next.  Not
easy (or even possible sometimes) I know, but at least try.

Ask for help - you have been.  Good.  Most people *like* to help.  Call
it 'showing off', if you will, because 'they' already know stuff you are
just learning.  Remember, several people here do this sort of thing for a
living.  They *have* to know it.  You and I don't;  It's just something
we have to do when necessary.

Be patient - _Wait_ for those answers.  Don't rush off and try something
else, just on the off-chance, before answers to your question(s) come
in.  It can be frustrating for those trying to help, because they may not
be able to keep up with what you're doing - 'stuff' getting in the way at
work, at home, the kids' school.  Wherever.

--
 Regards  _
Just coz they do it in the movies, doesn't mean to say that it's cool