Re: [LUG] New Printer

On 01/11/2020 17:10, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 15:47:54 +0000
> Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Neil,
>
>> I think that I must somehow remove all reference to the printer from my
>> computer, somehow, and start over. Now I just have to work out how to
>
> That really shouldn't be necessary.
>
> In CUPS, just find the printer, then select Edit Device, and proceed
> from there.
>
> Blinking wifi LED - check manual and see what that says.  But here, it
> means the device is (re)starting, or searching for a device to connect
> to.  It should return to steady state.  If not, ensure your router still
> has wifi on.
>
> You can also check wifi status on the printer's control panel or web
> page.

Printer drivers are NOT individual to each printer.
(Big waste of software expenditure)
 Manufacturers make them to suit a range of printers so all HP6xxxx
printers will share the same printer driver.
Example I use OKIB431dn printer , Linux printer drivers give a range of
drivers than it can use: from "Generic", to Oki B200xx, B250xx, B300xx,
 B350xx, All of these work with the B431  so I can load any OR
download the OKI Linux driver for that B series as a file.

Your 6000 driver is probably suitable for all 6xxxx printers.

--
regards
Eion MacDonald