Re: [LUG] New Printer

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 14:35:53 +0000
Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

>Meanwhile it is working. I must check out how to see how much ink I
>have left without using Hplip. There must be a way,

On my HP, it can be done either from the control panel of the printer,
or it's built in web site.  This is another reason I find it handy to
allocate the printer a static IP - you don't have to go hunting for it
in the router every time you need to know the printer's address.

It's also possible to get notifications via an app on a phone.  If
you're so inclined.

--
 Regards  _
People stare like they've seen a ghost