Re: [LUG] Lug meet Saturday

On 19/04/2020 19:02, comrade meowski wrote:
On 19/04/2020 07:58, Neil wrote:
Thanks for all that information. My copy of Waterfox Classic also worked so it would seem that that can be added to the list.  I had never realised just how many browsers there are.

That's a bit more nuanced than you might think as under the covers there are only 3 or 4 main rendering engines - the new Edge, Vivaldi, Opera, Brave and many others are simply wrapped around the Chrome engine (blink). Seamonkey and Waterfox/Palemoon _are_ Firefox (gecko). Similar story in Apple land where everything is webkit.

There are _way_ more browsers out there than you think - literally hundreds - but surprisingly few differences under the hood if you know what you're looking at.

I should have realised. I don't suppose anyone is going to try to create any new engines for this. What would be the point?

Neil