Re: [LUG] Lug meet Saturday

On 18/04/2020 13:50, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 13:25:44 +0100
> Neil <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Neil,
>
>> 'Palemoon does not support webrtc', whatever that may be.
>
> Real Time Communication.  It allows direct peer to peer communication of
> video/audio via a web page without the need for plugins.
>
> Whether the PM API would allow for a suitable plugin to be written, IDK
> for certain, but I suspect not.  Because if it /could/ be written, it
> surely already _would_ be written.

RTC is supported by following browsers
WebRTC is supported by the following browsers:

    Desktop PC
        Microsoft Edge 12+
        Google Chrome 28+
        Mozilla Firefox 22+
        Safari 11+
        Opera 18+
        Vivaldi 1.9+
    Android
        Google Chrome 28+ (enabled by default since 29)
        Mozilla Firefox 24+
        Opera Mobile 12+
    Chrome OS
    Firefox OS
    BlackBerry 10
    iOS
        Mobile Safari/WebKit (iOS 11+)
    Tizen 3.0

Quite an all encompassing list.
Originally developed by a company Google bought, Google open sourced the
code so others could use it and developed into a system protocol  for
use in browsers independent of operating systems.
--
regards
Eion MacDonald