Re: [LUG] Lug meet Saturday

On 17/04/2020 13:05, Neil wrote:
> On 17/04/2020 09:08, Keith Bell wrote:
>>
>>     Don't forget there is the general DCGLUG Jitsi room available at any
>>     time.
>>
>>     https://meet.jit.si/DCGLUG
>>
>>     Grant. :)
>>
>>     --     The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG
>>     https://mailman.dcglug.org.uk/listinfo/list
>>     FAQ: http://www.dcglug.org.uk/listfaq
>>

> No, I have not forgotten. However when I try I am told that Jit.si
> cannot find either my camera nor my microphone. This puzzled me because
> they both work fine on Skype on the same laptop.
>
> A quick search brought up the messages 'Permission not granted' for
> both. Since this program is completely new to me I cannot find out how
> to change this. So if anyone can help me I would be very grateful,
>
> Neil
> ll

Open Jitsi meet.
Go to the 3 dots (menu symbol) on bottom right  hand side.
select "settings"
A pop up should appear where you give it permissions for Devices, Camera
and Microphone.

When you initially start, a URL, the jitsi should give a small warning
asking for permission to use camera and microphone.
This normally pops up when I open a jitsi Meet room.

Have  you got pop-ups banned in your browser settings?
I use both Firefox as browser and also used Google Chromium.

On firefox you get a tab in tab list saying with name
Tabs Sharing-Devices
clicking on this says
    " Meet.jit.si (camera and microphone)"  which is the Firefox
confirmation that you are sharing microphone and camera.

I trust this helps.
Eion MacDonald

--
Regards